The most important feature the AirPods Max have in beating the prior products is that you will NEVER lose either earpiece to make an AirPod Max. Apple should have highlighted this on the product page.
The quickest way to update the firmware for your AirPods (Pro):
1. Put on AirPods and play music or other type of audio for at least 30 seconds;
2. Put the earbuds back into the charging case and close the cap;
3. Connect the charging case to power using a Lightning cable;
4. Wait 30 munutes and reconnect earbuds to your iOS device;
5. Check firmware version: Settings — General — About — Your AirPods (Pro).
As of today, the latest firmware for AirPods Pro and AirPods (Gen 2) is 3A283.
UPDATE: Today I learned that my AirPods Pro had received a new version of firmware (2D15),which purportedly corrects the faulty ANC performance.
So the latest AirPods Pro firmware remains 2C54, doesn’t it? Not cool. Apple needs to fix it.