Jason Shew is the creator, designer, and owner of this site. If you have no idea who he is, start with this vanity site: www.jasonshew.com. Here’s a TL;DR version for you:
- linguistics, TESOL, and coldżone
- music-making and Arikid
- human resources management and corporate identity design
- photography, coding, and design
- wiki-binge addict
Yes, that’s all about his public/professional persona.
If you desire to have an intimate knowledge of him, just read on.
Born in 1986 to a Chinese family swamped with changes, Jason B. Shew has been given more than one legal name, including a first name 敬翔 (Cantonese: King-ch’eung, Mandarin: Jìngxiáng) – transliterated as Jason – and a matrilineal surname 邵 (Cantonese: Shiu, Mandarin: Shào), romanized as Shew. Another first name, 佳 (Cantonese: Kai, Mandarin: Jiā), complete with a patrilineal surname 張 (Cantonese: Cheung, Mandarin: Zhāng), was used when he was in school due to his birth father’s tyrannies back then.
He is occasionally nicknamed Jay (short for Jason), Bear (short for Barrett), or the combination of the two words (written as one word with the letter b in lower case). He goes by Jason most of the time, though.
Denationalization is not a denial of someone’s native land but a cautious detachment from certain social, political, and cultural milieu. Jason is not believed to be a stereotypical Chinese because he …
- embraces individualism rather than collectivism.
- doesn’t subscribe to theories like “Blood is thicker than water.”
- is averse to most Chinese conventions.
- is averse to knockoff products and intellectual property theft.
- is averse to nationalism and totalitarianism.
- is averse to censorship imposed on all media.
- is far from prudish.
- is LGBTQIA-friendly.
- always seeks high levels of privacy.
- cares very much about public order.
- doesn’t live on WeChat, TikTok (Douyin), etc.
- is not prone to compulsive buying disorder on November 11 or December 12.
- does not get butthurt easily.
Jason believes that …
- family members do not necessarily outweigh friends.
- too much desire (of whatever kind) is detrimental and even disastrous, and so is any type of addiction.
- Earth is not flat at all.
- one should not work only for money.
- one should know the ins and outs of parenting before having a family.
- nationalists and radicals are toxic.
- good intentions can’t justify bad results.
- good end can’t justify bad means.
- everyone has freedom in line with their liabilities.
- probity matters a lot.
- age, gender, and status are not reasons to glorify or belittle a person.
Jason is a cisgender male (pronouns: he/him), but he is not the average alloromantic guy seen in your school or workplace: he is insulated from romantic experiences, feeling little to no romantic attraction toward anyone. But, mind you, aromanticism does not equate to asexuality. He is able to feel intense sexual attraction toward both (binary) genders. In other words, he is aromantic 💔 and bisexual ⚤⚣, feeling only physical/sexually (not emotional/romantic) attraction to cisgender males and cisgender females. Humorously, he styles himself a complex number, which is a+bi. ⇢ Read more
He started to craft his first homepage in 1999 (using Microsoft FrontPage) and his first website proper (arikid.com) in 2006, hence the time span shown in the footer. Over the past 10+ years he hopped from one blog to another, but these sites came along by the same token: serving as his online personal content silo.